Friday, September 9, 2011

Notebooking::Vocabulary Words::Landforms

My son's vocabulary words last week were all pertaining to land formations and bodies of water. Ah, the perfect setup for more notebooking pages!

I instructed my son to look up the definitions of his vocabulary words and copy them down on the paper I gave him.
Afterwards, I let him look up images on the internet (under careful supervision, I might add...internet searching can yield some inappropriate images) for the specific water and land forms. We then resized the images to fit on his vocabulary pages and he next printed, cut, and pasted the pictures down. Now when we review the definitions, he has a visual picture in front of him.

I can certainly see using this format for subject-related vocabulary words in the future.




No comments: