Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Howizter Fun

Yes, we are studying World War I. No, this is not a World War I tank. If you know anything about this machine, please do tell.


This afternoon we were in town with some time to spare while Ellen was at her trumpet lesson, so Jacob, Emily, and I decided to find a few geocaches. The first geocache at Cracker Barrel was an easy find, but the one on this Howitzer was so cleverly hidden that we just about gave up. I think we spent at least 20 minutes checking this massive monster out, but to no avail. We even took Ellen back after her lesson to help search, but she also gave up. Mark met us in town (had to take a car to the shop for tires) and so we took him to the Howitzer, and what do you know, after about 10 minutes of searching, he found it! I was excited, because out of the 18 caches we've searched, we have only not found two. (It bothers me to not find a cache when I know it's there!). Fun day, fun memories.

No comments: